I'm eating my mum's style corn soup as I type this recipe. This corn soup brings back fond memories of my mummy and her superb home cooked food. * can't wait to hug you mummy! *
Many people love her corn soup and have asked her for the recipe. Of course her daughter has to know how to make it! LOL. It taste like the chinese restaurant's corn soup. Even better! ^___^
( 1 serving- i can eat it all myself..haha)
1 canned cream corn
3 shallots, minced
Soy sauce, mushroom seasoning or vegetarian osyter sauce and pepper to taste
a few drops of sesame oil
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
water chestnut, 5, diced finely
dried shitake mushroom, 3 pieces, chopped finely
1.Soak mushrooms in hot water. Squeese out the water before mincing it finely.
2. Fry onions or shallots in oiled pan until golden brown. Add mushroom and continue frying for 1 minute. Add soy suace, pepper and mushroom seasoning.
3. Add diced water chestnuts and continue frying for several seconds.
4. Pour in the can cream corn. Add 1/2 cup of water or vegetable broth into the can and pour the liquid out.
5. Allow it to cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the corn starch mixture. Give the cornstarch slurry a quick re-stir and add to the soup, stirring quickly to thicken.
6. Pour the egg white into the soup before turning off the fire.
7. Drizzle in sesame oil. Top it with chopped green onions if you want.
~Serve immediately when its warm~~