7.06.2007

Longan cake

If I had to choose between the 2 cakes - Custard fruity cake or Longan cake, I would choose the longan cake. Both are good but longan cake has a special twist of exotic taste that I fancy. :) Besides I love longan.^_^ And so, here's how it's made!!!
Ingredients:
4" cake ring, 4
Ingredient A:
water, 100g
longan (cut into pieces), 80g, remove 80g longan juice)
sugar, 10g
fresh milk, 50g
instant jelly, 1/2 tsp
agar agar powder, 5g
Ingredient B:
Fresh cream, 160g

Method:
1. Cut 80g longan into small pieces
2. Bring ingredients 1 to a boil. Once boiled, remove from heat and immediately start on the whipped cream.
3.Whip fresh cream until very stiff. Add mixture 1 ( while it is still hot) into the beater and mix well, about 10 seconds.

4. Pour the mixture on top of the sponge cake, sandwich it with another piece of sponge cake. Pour the remaining filling over.

5. Arrange longan and fruits on top immediately, while the mixture is warm! 6. Boil topping ingredients together.
Topping ingredient:

water, 150g
sugar, 20g
instant jelly, 10g

Boil these together. Cool it for 3 minutes before pouring it over the cake. Keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours before serving.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cherry,

Is it possible to leave out the instant jelly in mixture 1 because i couldn't find it at my local store. After the cream becomes stiff am i suppose to mix that with mixture 1?

annette, daniel & natalie said...

Hi Cherry,
I would love to make this cake but my son is allergic to dairy- is there a substitute I can use for the cream? I know I can use soy for the milk, but what about the cream to be whipped? Thanks for your help!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cherry,
I'm kind of confused on what the steps are is it possible for you to make a video of making the cake and post it on youtube. I would really like to make this cake, I really love longan I can eat it all day. hehe..

Anonymous said...

hi cherry,
i would like to know did i can use gelatin to replace instant jelly in ingredient 1st?

WriterRose said...

Sakurambo Kitchen's longan cake recipe looks like a unique and delicious dessert! As someone who enjoys baking, I would love to learn more about creating traditional desserts like this by taking some cake classes in Chennai. Thank you for sharing the recipe and inspiring me to try something new in the kitchen!



Clementine said...

Will try this logan cake by having a help from cake baking classes in Velachery.Planning to bake this cake as quick as possible. Thank you for the tips.

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.