5.01.2011

Filling for Chocolate Cups

I saw these mini chocolate cups at Surfas Supply store in LA and bought a bunch. After debating between a pudding-type filling and cheesecake-type filling, I decided to go with the latter. Hence, I used a no-bake cheesecake filling recipe, and topped it with blackberry and strawberries. Strawberries are in season! It is US$0.89 for a box! :)
It is a real simple recipe.
In a stand-mixer, Beat 1 (8 ounce) package of low-fat cream cheese, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/4 cup vanilla-sugar** until fluffy. Add in half pint of heavy whipping cream and 1 tbsp vanilla essence. Beat until batter becomes thick and fluffy. Place in piping bags and using a star nozzle, pipe them out into the chocolate cups. :) Top with fruits.
** vanilla sugar- sugar infused with magadascar vanilla pods. Place the pods in a jar of sugar. It last a long time and comes in handy. In fact, I have different (smaller) jars of sugars infused with different things- like green tea, lemon peel, etc...
I did not get to try them as they were all gone by the time I wanted to get one. :) But I was told that they were yummy, and not-too-sweet. :)
These were brought to a friend's son 1st year birthday party. He is such a cute little boy! :) He stuck his hands in his owl birthday cake, and cut it into a horizontal half. :)  Yummy cake pops :)
I thank God for a nice, relaxing weekend to rejuvenate for the upcoming week. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello.....i commented on your youtube video and there is no response....pls respond aites....need help with the recipes...

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.