3.19.2007

koo chai pancake

A new recipe that turned out successful!
Nutritional Fact:
High in allyl sulfide which is a cancer-preventive phytochemical in plants. Rich in minerals and vitamin B1, B2, C & niacin. It helps to neutralize and remove poisons.
koo chai
Ingredients:
1 cup atta flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup koo chai (chives)~ more can be added~
Seasonings:
(whatever you want!)
pinch salt
1 t fresh garlic, chopped finely
1 t fresh onions, chopped fine
dash pepper
dash chili powder
pinch sugar
Method:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
Preheat nonstick skillet on medium heat.
Pour batter in 1/4 cup portions, lifting & tilting the pan to spread the batter.
*The thinner the pancake the better!*
Cook till bottom is golden, turn over to cook the other side.
Note:
~~atta flour can be bought from indian stores. I used this it because it is whole wheat flour made from hard wheat which means that is contains more fiber than white flour! Hard wheats have a high protein content, so doughs made out of atta flour are strong and can be rolled out very thin.
~~~::~~~::~~~
some weekend shots:
i just took the Wilton's fondant and gum paste class and here's one of the cakes I did!
~very simply done: daisy-heart's delight~
kaley birthday
prospect park

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cherry,

Great recipes!
Do you have a recipe for our S'porean kueh tutu??
My poor daughter is really missing that:-(

Cherry Z said...

Hi! Thanks for your compliments. Well, I have never made kueh tutu although I love eating it. I think it is kind of hard to make because the mold and special steamer is needed. But hey, you'll never know what improvision can do. I'll ask my mum if she knows how to make it.

The part I love about kueh tutu is the gula melaka sugar inside. The closest I can think of is ondeh ondeh. For ondeh ondeh, I have made it many times before and would gladly share the recipe if you want.

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.