4.05.2011

Strawberry Cake

just for Jayce!! She is my awesome friend, and I just want to take this time to say how much I appreciate and treasure our friendship. I am so blessed to have Jayce in my life! :) A month ago, we went through the 40 days prayer book. It was an amazing time, which brought us closer to God. :)
For this cake, I used the basic sponge cake recipe:
(A)
5 egg yolks, 100 gm sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup oil, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 170gm cake flour, 2 tsp baking powder. 
(B)
5 egg whites, 1/2 tsp cream of tartar, 100gm sugar
Method: 
Mix ingredients (A) until smooth. Whisk (B) till smooth and then fold in (A), pour into a 9" round pan. 
Filling: Strawberry preserves, and cream cheese and whipped cream filling. 
For the Cream cheese whipped filling, add 4 ounces of heavy cream and 4 ounces of cream cheese mixture and beat it together.
For the strawberry preserves, add fresh strawberries to the pot, and allow it to boil with juice of a lemon, 1/2 cup of sugar, vanilla essence and corn starch. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAYCE! 
HAVE A GREAT, BLESSED, LOVELY AND AWESOME YEAR AHEAD! :) 

No comments:

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.