I woke up this morning feeling excited to try the peanut butter balls I made last night. As usual, I had my glass of warm water. But this time, before eating fruits, I popped in the PB ball and OMgoodness!! its SO good. Really!! Sally had this on her recipe list and it seemed easy enough to try out. I googled a search on it but eventually settled on her recipe. Seriously, if you're a peanut butter and chocolate person, this is something you've got to eat!
Open this box......to get:::: --->
1 cup peanut butter ( i eye-balled 8 tablespoons full)
1 cup butter ( 1 stick, used 1/3 fat)
1 T vanilla
1 1/2 cup rice krisp
Powdered sugar ( she said 1 pound but i used appx 10 oz)
Chocolate candy melts, 14 oz
1. Mix peanut butter, butter and vanilla well.
2. Add rice krisp
3. Add powdered sugar slowly. Mix well. Mixture wil resemble crumbs.
4. Roll into balls. It must be really tiny, about 3/4 inch. The smaller the better. Shape it real round, trying to make it all the same size.
5. Microwave chocolate candy melts. I had to do this in batches because the chocolate hardens quickly. Aproximately 4 oz in a bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave on high again for 30 seconds. Stir to melt.
6. Dip the balls into the melted chocolate and lay it on foil to dry. OR place it on a rounded bon bon mold to get the rounded shape. Use a paint brush to make the top of chocolate smooth.
7. Place it in the fridge ( or freezer) and within minutes, you're ready to eat your PB balls!
8. Put into paper cups or nicely on a tray. Or in bags as gifts.