5.01.2006

Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies

MY FIRST BLOG!!
Since I enjoy cooking, I thought that it might be good to jot down all the ideas and recipes. For example, Yusheng is a once-a-year dish that I make and I would always forget how I made it before because it is a collection of various individuals, restaurant-eating and recipes that make it delicious. Hence, I hope that posting up the recipes will help me keep track of what I've made that were good! So...........my first post! Since this was the thing that just happened.....
----
Got this "treasured" recipe from an aunty. Her husband loves her home-made cookies so much that he has been eating them for the last 20 years since they got married. Would you believe that he has never bought cookies since then? You might be thinking, "wow, these cookies must be good." Oh yes, they are! (Girls, this is a must-try recipe! You'll never know when you have to bake it for your boyfriend or husband...haha ;p )

Note: For healthier alternative, add organic ingredients, sub. "Can't believe its not Butter" for butter, etc.

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter
1 C (slightly less) brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
3 c flour (1+1+4/5)
1 c chocolate chip ( 1c + a little more)
1 c walnuts
"Healthy" cookies: used "Can't believe its not butter", 1/2 the amount of brown sugar stated in the recipe, organic eggs, organic unsweetened chocolate chips, organic walnuts, 2C wholemeal flour.

Directions:
Mix butter and brown sugar.
Add eggssaltbaking soda
MIX/ Beat using electric mixer
Add vanillaflourchocolate chipwalnuts
Spoon onto baking sheet.
Bake for 1/2 hr or until brown.

No comments:

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.