12.11.2006

Jia lei's banana cake

This banana cake is from Jia lei's recipe book. I have been making several 'banana' products because 1. Bananas are abundant and 2. want to find out how each recipe turn out 3. its a good breakfast item
Evaluation:
This cake is dense with a strong banana taste. It should be eaten on its own, without cream or icing i.e. it can't be a birthday cake base because of its heavy texture. ( reminds me a little of 'kueh') I cut it into little pieces to enjoy as I think it taste better taking mini bites.
Ingredients:
150 g sugar
400g banana
4 eggs
140 g melted butter
1 tsp baking powder
210g flour
Method:
1. Sieve flour and baking powder together
2. Cream sugar, bananas for 1 min. until light and fluffy. Add eggs in, beat 2 min and cream until light. Pour in melted butter. Mix well.
3. Fold in sifted flour, mix well and pour into a 8 in cake tin and bake for 80 mins at 356F (180C). Temperature varies.
banan cake jailei's recipe

No comments:

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.