2.04.2012

Banana Bread ( Clay's recipe)

Bananas ripen very easily and I'm always making banana breads. If you're like me, this is a recipe you have to try! :) This recipe was shared by Clay and I absolutely love it :)
 Ingredients:
1 c oil, 2 c sugar ( Use 1 c brown, and 1 c white), 2 eggs, 2 c mashed bananas ( about 3 large), 3 cup flour, 1 t salt, ½ t vanilla, 1 ½ c walnuts, 2t soda, 2 T hot water

Directions:
Mix ingredients in order. Bake in a 350F oven. Bake 1 large loaf pan for 1 hour or 2 small loaf pans for 45 minutes. Top with quick oat meal for a healthy look.

* Variation: I added 2 1/2 cups of flour (instead of three cups), 1/4 cup flaxseeds, and 1/4 cup of chia seeds. Also, 1 Cup of dark chocolate chips made it taste even better! :)
For Chinese New Year, we went to Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, Pink Coral Sand Dunes, and Upper Antelope Canyon. Breath-taking and amazing are two words I would use to describe these few places. Someone mentioned that the less time one spends in nature, the more harden they are to the word of God.
"Fiery Hair"
On our way to Zion National Park, we saw the biggest rainbow in our lives! It stretched all across the high way and touched the ground. Rainbow is a beautiful token of the Lord that reminded me of the Lord's protection and the keeping of His promises. ( This picture does not justify what we saw!)

It's late but I still have to say......Gong Xi Fa Chai! Happy Chinese New Year! :)

No comments:

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.