If you’re a brownies-fan, here’s one recipe you absolutely got to try! Chef Roland's ( White House executive pastry chef) recipe is a killer that can kill two birds with one stone- simple preparation and delicious taste. It’s not difficult to make and require few basic ingredients.Well wrapped brownies in plastic wrap, unglazed and uncut will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months. Perfect for studies who need a quick chocolate fix! ;p I made 2 styles- in mini loaf pan for Shawn's birthday and another batch in muffin cups, glazed with chocolate frosting for mine and friends enjoyment *_^ .
10 Tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1 ¼ cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
5 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup pecan pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking tray and line the bottom with parchment paper
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, 2-3 mins. Add the eggs and egg yolk one at a time and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla, salt and cocoa powder and mix well. Beat in the flour until well combined. Stir in the nuts
3. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 10 mins.
* For fudgy brownies, remove the pan from the oven and tap it on the counter to make the rising brownies collapse. Return the pan to the oven and bake until firm to touch)
* For cakier brownies, bake 18-20 mins without interruption.
*I added xxxxtra chocolate chips. ::::D