10.26.2007

Butter free! Oil free!

Yes, this cake recipe does not require any butter or oil! And it's easy to bake, even for beginners. When I first saw this recipe that aunty Rosy emailed me, my initial reaction was,"This cake does not have butter or oil? Awesome. I have to check it out!" I must say that I like this recipe because every bite does not make me feel guilty. *grin* Although I think that I should have used 2 oranges instead of 3 as they were "big sized" instead of "medium." Furthermore, those 3 big oranges weren't exactly the sweetest, giving it a very tangy orange-y taste. Other than that, this is a healthy and good cake with loads of vitamin C boost!^_^

It adds sunshine to the table any time! I'm so glad Loma Linda isn't affected by the fire. It's sad to hear of people evacuating from their homes and having possessions lost in the flames. It reminds me of how fleeting everything is and that our only firm hope is in God. 2 Corinthians 4:18, "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

Recipe for this Orange cake:
Ingredients:
3 medium size oranges
230g sugar
6 eggs
140g cake flour
100g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
Method:
Wash the oranges thoroughly before boiling them whole for about 20 minutes. When cool, puree them in a blender, orange peel and all.
Beat the eggs and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is light and fluffy.
Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold this into the beaten egg mixture, along with the ground almonds. Gently mix in the blended oranges.
Pour into a lightly greased cake tin (opt: sprinkle the base with poppy seeds). Bake in an oven for about 180C. Test whether the cake is done by inserting a skewer -if wet cake mixture clings to skewer, bake a little longer. Cool it before dusting top with icing sugar. Enjoy and serve. ~ Have a good weekend!~

2 comments:

mad3 said...

Hi

I'll like to try this cake but you forgot to mention how long I should bake the cake!

Wud appreciate your answer asap. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

6 Eggs!!!
Oh my god. That is not in anyway a guilt free cake.

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.