11.02.2006

choco chip peanut butter cupcakes (TOFU!)

Healthy cupcales! Made with NO Sugar, whole-wheat flour, tofu, soy milk, peanut butter...
This is something I made last week but didn't get a chance to post it up. I found this recipe from a tofu recipe book and felt impressed to give it a try. I am so happy Dr. Tamesis, my fave eye doctor tried it! He has never tried cupcakes made of tofu and was all out to try it. Many who tried liked it. Ok, let me redefine. The "healthy" people liked it the way it is and were surprised at the taste/texture. The "not-so-healthy" people like it a little more moist, i.e i should add some oil or applesauce to give it a better texture. Here's the recipe..
Ingredients: 2c flour, 1 tsp b.p, 1/2 tsp salt, 2/3 c tofu (silken), 1/2 c peanut butter ( almond/soy nut butter), 4T soy milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 c peanut butter/ chocolate chips, 1 egg white, 1 c maple syrup
Directions: Preheat oven 350. Blend tofu, maple syrup, peanut butter, soy milk, vanilla till smooth. Pour into dry ingredients. Stir in chips. Bake for 20 mins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.