2.06.2007

Stir fry royal rice cake & seaweed salad (korean)

I've been searching for rice cake recipes to cook the rice ovalettes that i bought from the korean market. Jin (korean friend) told me how she would make it and just when I was about to use her recipe, I came across this Royal Rice Cake (Gungjung Ddeokbbokki in Korean) recipe from My Korean Kitchen blog. It seemed like chinese cooking. Hence, I used her recipe and modified it a little.
Result: nice! *_*
(verified by ...Candy, Alice, Jayce..*wink*)
korean rice cake
ingredients:
rice cake, 1 bag
carrots, 3, sliced thinly
green onions, 3 bunches, chopped
chilli, 1, sliced thinly
1 onion
5 cloves garlic
7 fresh shiitake mushroom
TVP beef chucnks: marinated overnight with seasonings like sesame oil, sugar, salt, vegetarian oyster sauce, soy sauce
(red or green bell peppers- did not use b/c i didn't have it then)
seasoning:
sesame oil
sugar
salt
mushroom seasoning
chilli paste
pepper
directions:
1. slice all the vegetables
2. Since cake was hard, i poured hot water into it and allowed it to soak for 5 minutes.
3.preheat the wok and fry onions and garlic in oiled pan.
4. Add the carrots and cook until soften.
5.Add TVP beef, followed by mushrooms and seasonings.
6. Remove from pan.
7. Add rice ovalettes and green onions into oiled pan
8. Finally, add the rest of the cooked ingredients.
Enjoy!
~~~::~~~:::~~~::~~~
seaweed salad
~~simple ~~done in a jiffy ~~ marinated overnight~~in salads or soup~
After pouring hot water over the seaweed and washing it thoroughly,
...:::Mix everything together:::...
rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, pepper, ginger powder(dash), sesame oil, sesame seeds

4 comments:

sue said...

Hi I just read your comment on my blog. I noticed that you add a fair bit of garlic there. Did it taste good?
You didn't mentioned it. :)
I hope it did.

Cherry Z said...

Oh yes, it tasted good!! *yum* I love garlic and hence, it wasn't too much. However, its not to the extend of fresh garlic ice cream, which a friend of mine eats! LOL *_*

vivia said...

CAN YOU TELL ME THE EXACT INGREDIENTS AND THE PORTIONS FOR THE MARINATED SEAWEED? IS THE SEAWEED RAW OR COOKED BEFORE THE MARINADE?

Chaw said...

Dear Cherry
I love your cooking.
Thanks for sharing.

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.