9.21.2007

balsamic mushrooms

I'm so glad I made it back in time for Han and Tom's wedding reception! They're such a wonderful and lovely couple and I'm really happy for both of them....congratulations once again to both of you! :)


Han and I knew each other since we were in primary school and hence, the idea of her "married" is still sinking in although Tom proposed to her last year. Maybe reality has struck that I'm of the marriage-eligible age- or maybe that I'm getting old, and have yet to find that someone special with whom I can spend the rest of my life with. I think marriage is a beautiful and sacred event that seals two people into one union forever, although the media suggests otherwise. Call me traditional or old fashioned but I think marriage is for life and dating a guy is not as quick as the way we change our clothes.
"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty. The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are; you end up being complete with your loved ones."-Irene


I've done very simple cooking over the last few days but will post up this recipe that is pretty healthful and simple. ---> Balsamic mushrooms. The prep time is only 5 minutes and the total time takes only 10 minutes! It's flavorful and an interesting way to cook white mushrooms. It taste as good at room temperature as it does hot from the stove, so there's no need to worry if it's ready before the rest of the meal.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup olive oil, 12 ounces white mushrooms, halved (quartered if large), garlic, 1 tsp, 1 corn, 1/4 red pepper, diced, 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp sea salt, pepper
Directions:

Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Fry garlic. Add mushrooms, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, salt, and season with pepper. Add corn and red pepper. Cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate and serve.

No comments:

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.