Besides this Black Forest cake, check out the Fresh Fruit roll..... Ingredients:
4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
90g plain flour (sift)
10g chocolate powder
100g butter, melted
300g fresh cream
250g dark sweet pitted cherries ( use fresh ones!!! the "fake" ones taste horrible) @__@ )
2 tsp rum flavor ( opt)
200g chocolate cream
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a deep 9 in round baking tin with paper
2. Whisk eggs and sugar at maximum speed for 5-6 minutes until stiff
3. Fold in sifted flour and chocolate by hand, using an upward circulating motion. Add in warm melted butter and mix well until batter is shiny.
4. Pour into baking tin and bake for about 35 minutes. Turn cake out from baking tin and leave to cool. Cut cake into 3 layers. Remove top thin layer too.
5. Whisk the fresh cream until stiff and add half of the whipped cream to the chocolate cream and rum flavor.
6. Spread a thin layer of chocolate fresh cream on one cake layer and pipe a round of the cream on the edge. Put the pitted cherries in the center and cover them with a thin layer of the cream. Continue creaming with the second layer of cake. Spread the final layer of cake with white whipped cream ( opt: with rum flavor added).
7. Pipe 12 rosettes using a star nozzle and place the stem cherry to decorate. Cover the center and sides of the cake with chocolate flakes.