4.08.2011

Mangoes with Sticky Rice

This weekend will be a time for me to push my-brakes and slow down. Time for calm and quiet, and pause to take a look at things at a different angle. Time to catch up on housework, and reading....to step outside and get out of the rhythm I put myself in, which i have so gotten used to. It is ok to be out of sync, and just be free to do whatever I want, without being pressed for time. Ahhh, that feels therapeutic. :)

I just came back from a bible study vespers and the take home point from what I learned today was - every action comes with a motivation behind it. Sometimes we know the rationale behind our actions, but sometimes we do not. So the questions is, "What is my energy and motivation for the things I do? Why do I do the things I do? Am I using religion as a means to an end? I need to dig deeper within myself for these answers because I might have to sort through my depths of emotions to know the answers. It is good to have this awareness of intrinsic-motivation-behind-actions. Which brings me to the next thought. Why do I have this blog? :) Simple- I love food, and want to create a journal of my love affair with it. :) It also helps me keep in touch with family and friends in Singapore and around the world.

Anyways, I made mango with Sticky rice. :) I have a whole box sitting on my counter top and need to find creative ways to use it other than eating it on its own. I love mangoes :)
It's my first time using this recipe but it seems like it came out good :)

Ingredients:
1.5 cups uncooked glutinous rice
1/5 cups coconut milk
1 cup coconut cream
Pinch salt
Sugar
Mangoes

Method
Soak the rice for half an hour before cooking. In a pot, combine the rice with the coconut milk, coconut cream and salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the coconut mixture is absorbed and the rice is dry but sticky. Remove from heat and sprinkle some sugar over it. Top with mango wedges. 

TGIF...Friday is almost over. Looking forward to a lazy Saturday and Sunday. It was hailing just now and the temperature is 5C now. So cold...I will most likely be staying indoors, and work on some baking :)

No comments:

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.