1. Boil the barley with pandan leaf for half hour.
2. Soak beancurd sheet in cold water for 10 -15 minutes
3. Check the middle of the lotus seed to ensure that there are no roots. Or you can buy the ready-prepared lotus seeds. Boil it until soft, approximately 15 minutes.
4. Boil or toast gingko nut- crack the shell, remove the skin. Set aside
5. Cut the beancurd sheet into smaller pieces before adding it into the barley water. Allow it to boil for 15 minutes until soft.
6. Sweeten it by adding honey rock sugar or melon sugar.
7. Finally, add the egg white and stir briefy. Swtich off the fire.
8. Just before serving, add the gingko nut.