3.27.2007

heart-shaped strawberry charlotte cake

To my ONE & ONLY Darl,

*hugs*


*butterfly kisses*

*love*

*miss you*


love, chie ^__^
happy birthday , darl
It's also Jenny's birthday and I wanted to make a cake that she'd like and reflect her love for pink and classiness::::
wo-la! --> a heart-shaped strawberry Charlotte cake.

strawberry charolette cake
I thank God for giving me cool friends with whom I can chat about anything under the sun without the fear of being myself. We talk about things ranging from private things girls do to bgr stuff....
Food for thought on friendship from the bible:
A friend cares enough to be honest with you even if it hurts.
"Wounds from a friend are better than kisses from an enemy!"
Proverbs 27:6
Characteristic that makes a good friend:
" Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself. Don't just think about your own affairs, be interested in others, too, and in what they are doing."
-Philippians 2:3-4
jenny dob
I used a regular box mix for the sponge cake because I didn't have time to make one from scratch. However, the hit of the cake was the mousse....
Strawberry mousse:
125g fresh strawberries,
100g strawberry yogurt,
50g caster sugar,
1/2 lemon juice
2 T agar powder
200g non dairy whipped cream
Directions:
Blend strawberries and strawberry yogurt into puree. Pour into a saucepan, add in the remaining ingredients and cook at low heat until sugar dissolved. Stir constantly. Remove from heat and leave to cool. Whisk non-dairy whipping cream until soft peak is formed. Add in strawberry mixture and mix well.
Pour strawberry mousse onto the cake and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.

No comments:

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.