10.17.2007

My little cuties-

macarons!!! I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with these tempestuous things. I love them because they are so delicious. And hate them because they seem so difficult to make. Seriously, if I had a choice of attending only one cooking class in Singapore, it'd be a macaron class! However, I didn't get a chance to learn it at Shermay's cooking school as the session was held after I left. Anyways, I decided to remove my 'fear barrier' and conquer them. Hence, with cross-fingers, I started the process. I read the recipe several times, did a little research so as to increase my chances of getting nice macarons! *typical Singaporean kiasu syndrome**lol*
And so, here are the cooled products...vanilla macarons->


They have "feets" and...
a flat base!!!
yes...I've succeeded! ^_^

Not so, for the strawberry macarons because I used a different recipe. :)

the carob flavor...turned out pretty nice :)
~~::~~::~~
**Here are links to other bloggers who have posted articles on macarons-
~~~~::~~~~
I just saw a really nice video that I thought you might like to see and be encouraged. It is a really inspiring video story that reminds me of how much God would like to do in our lives-if we allow Him too. We are uncut stones with hidden diamonds within. If only we would step out of our comfort zones to "fear not." God promised in Isaiah 40 that "He is with us and will uphold us with his righteous right hand. . ." So here is Paul Potts story....
~~
Basically, he is a young man, a common guy who works in a common job. He is a person who measures himself against others, never really believing in his abilities or his worth.

Then one day, his passion outgrew his fears.

Watch the faces of the judges as this guy walks out on the stage--you can almost see what they're thinking as they pre-judge the young man based on his looks and the fact that he is a cell phone salesman.

But as he stepped onto a stage, he stepped into an entirely new world and out of his self imposed prison.

Maybe this guy stopped believing what people told him for so many years and ultimately started listening to his passion.
Enjoy the videos and remember, God loves you! So go out there and make a difference in our world!
love, Cherry ^_^
~~
**Here are the links:**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your macarons look good and i like your sharing about Paul potts. Thanks

Hazy said...

Hey you did it! I have not try any yet. I think I will try one soon after reading your post (",)

Cherry Z, RD said...

Hazy! Hope you're doing good. :) Well, you should try it...it's not as hard as it seems!
cheers

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.