8.03.2011

Herbal Chicken Soup

Aunty J invited me to her place for lunch and one of her dishes she made was herbal chicken soup. Inspired by her dish, and since i had a packet of black fungus in my refrigerator, I decided to make it. :)
Here's my version of it...
Used the herbs above ( picture courtesy of Noob Kitchen)
In addition to those herbs, I added
1/2 clove of garlic  
5 red dates
ginseng ( 1 inch)
ginger ( 1 inch)
barley ( 3 Tablespoon)
"tiny" chicken ( that can be bought from Stater Brothers frozen section)

Place the above in the crock pot and leave it for several hours, usually overnight, so that it is ready the next morning. 
Add in the black fungus ( that has been soaked in the water for several hours), mushroom seasoning and salt. Remove from crock pot and cook on the stove for several more minutes.

After having it for dinner, I kept it in the refrigerator. Removed the layer of oil on top of the soup the next day and used it to make noodle soup. :) 

1 comment:

expert contabil said...

Hmmm this recipe looks so delicious and nice and i think that fits perfect with my taste and in my opinion is a very easy recipe, so i think i will try it. Thanks for sharing.

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.