1. Add the egg and sugar into the mixer ( use an wire whisk). Mix for approximately 2 minutes on medium speed. Add S.P. Sift Hong Kong flour and baking powder together. Fold it into the batter.
2. Add half the amount of water into the batter, beat before adding the rest of the liquid.
3. Continue to beat for 10 seconds until the batter is smooth.Remove from mixer.
4. Line steamer with greaseproof paper. Pour cake mixture in. Use an oiled spatula to cut a "x" on the top. Add raspberry coloring on top. Swirl. Steam over high heat for 25 minutes. Makes 18.
1. Use Ice cream soda or orange flavored sprite drink instead of water. It depends on your taste preference. You can also use orange juice for the whole liquid portion.
2. Must use Hong kong flour, not plain flour because yeast dough mixture is not used.
3.It can be baked in a bigger tin instead of small mufin cups.