4.24.2011

Chocolate Cake

Happy Easter! :) I had to work this weekend. It was busy but nice. We had an activity for food service employees- a mini "egg-hunt" where they get to keep oval chocolate wrapped in colorful paper that they find sporadically around the Kitchen and offices. Surprisingly, they enjoyed it. :) The MC cafeteria menu was: Quiche Florentine, Roasted Red Rose Potatoes Medley, Lemon Almond Asparagus, Raspberry tart, Spring Mix with Champagne Vinegarette.
Actually, it is sad to see how "commercialized" Easter has become- evolved to bunnies and eggs? When it actually is about the death and resurrection of Jesus! :)
These "peeps" are super cute and I was inspired to make it when I stumbled upon this picture at:  
http://changeabletable.blogspot.com/2010/08/peeps-sunflower-cake-easter-candy.html 
Between the Chocolate sponge cake is chocolate ganache, and raspberry preserves.:)
Have a great week! Count down to the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton is 5 days! I am looking forward to it. :)

1 comment:

Seattle Janitor service said...

Uhhh, gotta try those out! Will be looking for cute baking tins, since I don't really have any...

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.