I just came back from Singapore couple weeks ago. It was a very short trip to get some stuff done. Even though it was busy, I managed to get some rejuvenation and rest, and ate lots of yummy food!!!
Ingredients A : 150g shallots, 40g garlic, 30g turmeric, 20 g lengkuas, 3 Tbsp chili paste or 50 gm chili, 10 pieces of chili padi
Ingredients B : 500 ml thin coconut milk, 4 pieces lemon leaves, 4 tom yum cubes, 3 stalks lemon grass, 3 pieces assam peel, 90 g of assam + 400 g water
Ingredients C: 1 kg fish, 4 pieces tomatoes, 1 piece brinjal, 4 pieces lady fingers
Ingredients D: 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 200g thick coconut milk, 3 tbsp lime juice
1. Add oil into the wok, fry the ingredients from group A till fragrant
2. Add in group B, cook till boil
3. Add in group c
4. Add in group D
Recipe for Singapore Achar
1 kg cucumbers
300 g carrots
600 g pineapple
5 pieces fresh red chili
100g sesame seeds
350 g rice vinegar
350 g sugar
1 tablespoon salt
150 g small onions
25 g candle-nuts
1 stalk lemon grass
50 g dried chili
1. Slice cucumber, carrots, red and green chili and radishes into slices. Add in 1 tablespoon of salt and season for 20 minutes, rinse above contents with boiling water.
2. Fry group B ingredients until fragrant, about 20 minutes.
3. Boil rice vinegar, water and sugar, wait till cool
4. Add in ingredients from group A to B, and pineapples, mix well.
5. Leave dish in the fridge for about 2-3 days. Add in peanuts and sesame seeds just before serving.
It is best eaten a day later to allow the vegetables time to absorb all the flavors from the sauces.
Will post more recipes next time!
I love my papa, mummy and 2 sisters.
It was so precious to spend quality time with them.
Thank you for all your blessings, Lord! :)