10.11.2008

National Food Service Week 08

"Recommit To Excellence"

I wanted to appreciate all the Foodserivce workers and cooks who worked hard to make sure that every thing in the department goes smoothly. Hence, Foodservice week is an excellent opportunity to do so...
We had a different theme food everyday...
Monday: Pizza day

Tuesday: Root beer Float & Banana Foster with vanilla ice cream
Wednesday: Asian Food- specially cooked by Shakil and I!
Menu includes- egg rolls, curry puffs, spicy egg plant and tofu, corn soup, char kway teow, indian beef curry, roti prata.

Thursday: Ice cream paradise
Friday: FInger licking good (finger foods)

Activites:
Monday: Guess the number of M&Ms in the jar and the winner will get to bring the jar back home.
Can you guess? Well, I counted every single M&M to get...2008!! There was a wide differential in the lowest and highest guess- from 280 to 3500!

Tuesday: "Guess who am I" -employees brought in their baby pictures for people to guess...the person with the most number of correct gueses will win .

Wednesday: Hat day! Everyone were allowed to wear any hat of their choice that is within the Adventist guidelines. ( e.g without words like Budweiser, etc)
Thursday: Wear Green-day. To commemorate save-the-earth or recycleing activites.
Friday: "Who Said It???" Guess who said these phrases?

3 comments:

Weylin said...

Hi Cheryl,

I stumbled upon your blog and was excited to see that you're Singaporean too!:)

I wanted to ask, do you remember the icing recipe for the piped roses and ribbon that you showed? Also the tip# for piping ribbons? Thank you so much!

You can find me at epicurative.blogspot.com or liewweylin@gmail.com

Weylin

Weylin said...

Hi Cheryl,

I stumbled upon your blog and was excited to see that you're Singaporean too!:)

I wanted to ask, do you remember the icing recipe for the piped roses and ribbon that you showed? Also the tip# for piping ribbons? Thank you so much!

You can find me at epicurative.blogspot.com or liewweylin@gmail.com

Weylin

Anonymous said...

Me too, very glad to know that you are from Singapore. I visit Spore very often because my brother lives there and he married a Singaporean. I have a favor to ask, please. Would you send me a recipe to make Subway style buns? The buns have very soft crust - in fact, no crust at all. I would be very, very grateful if you would. How do you make the cust very soft like that? Thank you in advance.
I am also glad by the way that you are connected to Loma Linda.

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.