2.16.2007

Nastar

Or it can also be called Pear-shaped cookies. At least I tried to make it look pear-shaped. ;p I wonder if there is a secret to quick shaping because it made my hands tired after the first batch. I am going to try out another recipe using the piping method so that it'd save my hands extra work. If there's an easier way, i'll take it. hehe.
It's been a year since I made pineapple tarts and hence, i had a little difficulty remembering what i did before. After reading my old Pineapple tart post, i decided to use the same filling method but a different dough for the cookies.
pear shaped cookies
Ingredients:
(makes about 70, each is 1 Tablespoon big)
butter, 320g
icing sugar, 140g
flour, 600g
egg,2
custard powder, 60g
soymilk powder, 15g
egg yolk, 2, for brushing
cloves, for decoration ( about 70)
Direction:
1. Sift flour, custard powder, soymilk powder together
2. Beat butter, icing sugar, egg in mixer well.
3. Pour (1) in to mix well.
4. Divide dough into small balls. Wrap each with ball of pineapple filling and form into pear shape. Arrange on baking tray. Brush with egg yolk and decorate with clove. Bake at 350 for 12 mins.

No comments:

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.