1.08.2008

Happy New Year!

I hope all of you enjoyed beautiful and joyous festive holidays....
... and I cannot believe it's already 2008!!!

My my, how time flies... somehow this year I feel a strong sense of re-evaluation and motivation with regards to a fresh new year. For me, it is the start to an exciting career as the manager operations dietitian @ BMC/ LLUMC! It has always been my dream to work in the Food service management department and I can't believe I'm living in my dream now. I'll share my testimony later. God is good...all the time! :D
Here are some highlights of year-end 2007...

Party @ M& B's house...

We made crepes from this crepe machine...it's fantastic.. I want to get one. ;p

Hmm..why is it pitch black with a round "moon"? If you look closer, you'll see people huddling around something.....Now, here's why...
We had "professional" lighting for our...
crepe picture-taking session! ;)

We had steamy hotpot,

delicious popcorn + other desserts on Christmas day @ J&R's place.
I had visitors from Singapore!!!

We did lots of stuff like shopping and eating. (The picture above was taken @ Cheesecake Factory)

Not forgetting the annual Christmas Banquet!!!

Here are some pictures of the stuff I baked as gifts...

Christmas log cakes

Little goodie bags stuffed with chocolate tidings.

Rich New York cheesecake

Last but not least, a special raspberry marzipan torte!

Oh, I forgot to add that for M&B's potluck, I made this easy & yummy appetizer.
~To make: top a whole wheat crackers with a sliced Gala apple, followed by Brie cheese*. Bake at 400F until cheese melts. Spoon some Cranberry sauce over the cracker and eat immediately!
*Brie cheese is best eaten when heated/melted over sandwiches or crackers. It has a slightly bitter taste when eaten raw. Remove the outer white cheese layer to use the inner white one.

As you can see, we went to Universal studios on New Year's day!


We had a gathering at my place last weekend- to celebrate Kaley's baptism and have sushi!

Well, that's my update for the remaining '07 and beginning '08 days.

My 2007 year book has been written and I'm starting a new chapter of my life. A blank sheet lays before me...How do I want to live or write my 2008 life chapter? Many decisions and questions lay before me...what will it bring?
Whatever life brings me, I will do my best at each moment and savor every bit of it for it might never come again! What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived... And this year I plan to live better. Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. "They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." - Andy Warhol

Cheers to a delicious 2008! ^_^

4 comments:

WAN ZUHA ISHAK said...

happy new year

Anonymous said...

Happy new year, Cherry. I always like reading your blog stories. All the best for your new year and job!

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Christy said...

So nice!!! Nice celebration!!:)
Happy New year to you too:D

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.