11.11.2007

Silver anniversary Banquet & more

LLCC concluded it's week-long silver anniversary celebration with a lavish banquet in the evening!



Pastor Yen said, "these are the most talented & smartest waiters and waitresses in the world!"
Pictures of the fancy dishes:


The mayor of Loma Linda and Cal Conference President Gerald Penick liked the flamingo decoration so much that they took it home as souvenirs!
Pictures of Prep work:


These carvings were made out of daikon or white carrot!

Rosettes are for the pioneers to wear:

Shadowless Dancers danced wonderfully. :)
The noon worship service celebration was just as meaningful with baptisms, inspiring sermon and wonderful special music numbers.
Steve got baptized and I'm really glad he made this stand for God and accepted Jesus! I made him a "HOLY BIBLE" cake that's richly frosted with chocolate buttercream. The whole cake is a little too dense and rich in my opinion. Oh well, it's the look and thought that matters.
Side note: Sister Zhang was baptized several weeks ago and believe me, her story is amazing! Click here to refer to my journal article for her touching testimony!!!!

I made these German chocolate low- fat cupcake topped with carob frosting for her. ;p Even non chocolate cupcake lovers loved it. It wasn't sweet and smelled heavenly fragrant. :)
Going back to what I was saying earlier. Oh yes, along with Steve's cake, I made a Mango cream cheese cake for Shawn's birthday. ;p It was a good excuse for me to try out this recipe that a friend shared...Mango cream cheese mixture and mangoes between two layers of soft sponge cakes- topped with fruits and jelly mixture.
It was icy and frozen when I took it out from the freezer... should have taken it out earlier. ...

The mini ones with graham cracker base were creamy and perfect. :)
Let me just focus my attention on Zoei now. She is a star in her own way, capturing the hearts of all who were at the banquet with her "The Lord's Prayer" song.
I got to spend some time with her earlier this week and and we made coconut agar agar with pineapple bits. To her, it was "art and craft."

Baby Zoei insisted on taking pictures of me...I think it came out pretty good for a 2 year old. lol

Ok, this post is getting long...
but I thought that I should just post up this bundt cake picture. Thanks Elizabeth for this recipe. :)
Some modifications I made:
Since I didn't have cranberries on hand, I substituted it with wild blueberries and raspberries. Low fat sour cream was used instead of the regular one and 3/4 cup sugar was used instead of 1. It turned out great...thanks Eliz. :)
Ingredients :
115g butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggsn( large)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups cake flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup low fat sour cream
1/4 can wild blueberries, 1/4 cup raspberries ( or 1/2 cup of cranberry)
Method :Refer to her blog for further instructions.

No comments:

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.