Recipe for the Cream cheese torte cake:
+ a mini video for added visual description ^___^
4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
100g plain flour
100g butter, melted
Ingredients for pastry
350g plain flour
50g ground almond
1. preheat oven to 160C and grease and line 9" round baking tin with paper
2. whisk eggs and sugar at maximum speed for about 5-6 minutes until stiff.
3. Fold in sifted flour by hand using an upward circulating motion. Add in warm melted butter. Fold well until batter is shiny. Pour into baking tin and bake for about 35- 40 minutes. Turn cake out from baking tin and leave to cool. (thickness of pastry depends on my preference).
Method for PASTRY:
1. Preheat oven to 180C and grease baking tray
2. Use flat beater, cream butter and sugar until fluffy at slow speed for about 1 minute. Increase to medium speed and cream till fluffy. Add in flour and knead well.
3. Add flour onto table top and knead dough again. Roll the pastry into 9 inches round and place on a greased baking tray. Bake until golden brown. Leave to cool.
Cream cheese filling
225-250g cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp lemon juice ( or orange juice)
3 Tbsp water
125 g fresh whipped cream
1. Whisk cream cheese mixture and sugar until creamy. Add in egg yolk and lemon juice.
2. Dissolve gelatin in water by heating over gentle fire. Boil until it dissolves.
3. Add whipped fresh cream and cooled gelatin into cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
4.Cut the cake into 2 layers and spread jam onto pastry. Then top with one layer of the cake. Spread with cheese filling. Finish assembly with remaining cake layer and cheese filling. Cut sides with knife before removing from tin.
5. Decorate with fruits of your choice and garnish with instant jelly. Leave in the fridge to set.
RECIPE for Fresh fruit tart...
Method (for pastry)
Ingredient for custard:
500g water, 200g sugar, 50g butter (soft /melted), 500g soy milk, 100g custard powder, 1 egg (opt)
Fresh fruit topping: peaches, kiwi, cherries, grapes, strawberries, mandarin oranges, etc...
Method: Boil water, sugar and butter together until boil, before adding the rest. Mix fresh milk, custard powder, egg together and pour into no.1 Cook over gentle fire until mixture thickens. Pour into tart shell. ( OR pour in fruit cocktail mixture into custard mixture, mix, before pouring into tart shell.)
Decoration: Place a small round cake into baked tart shell, top with custard. Decorate with fresh fruit of your choice and glaze with agar or apricot gel.
(note: *boil together 1/2 tbsp agar agar powder, 150ml water and 50g sugar before glazing. Or melt 100g apricot gel in 80ml water.
*If don't like custard, use fresh cream instead).