3.14.2007

tang yuan

All of us have different ways of venting stress
(which you can call HOBBY activities)
~It is important to know what calms you. ~
Obviously COOKING is one of my stress-relievers.
Another one of them is 'banging' on the piano. *grin*
Whenever i'm upset or in the musical mood, I'd sit at the piano and play for hours. Today, I played for almost 2 hours-maybe 1.5.LOL It's therapeutic and its there where i can express my feelings and gain strength for my inner self. [yes, i was pretty upset today. :( ]
One of my most recent "ON" songs is ,"Wings of Freedom" by Philip Wesley. It's so beautiful. I played it for 1/2 hr today without getting bored with it. Check out this link and scroll down to "Wings to Freedom" to listen to the sample version. You won't regret this extra steps of clicking to hear it for 2 mins. ^__^
~~~:::~~~::~~~::~~
Food for Thught:
How can you transcend your anxiety? For actor Harrison Ford, relaxation is flying a plane.....
"Part of it certainly has to do with how different it is from the other things I do. And I think the focus and the concentration and the attention to detail that flying takes is a kind of meditation. I find it restful and engaging, and other things slip away,"
--Harrison Fod, actor
~~::~~~::~~~::~~
Since CNY, we've made tang yuan several times- including today although its not CNY! LOL
I just love tang yuan!
tang yuan1
The recipe from Diana's Dessert is pretty detailed, if you want to check it out.
Basically, add enough water to glutinious water to make the dough pliable. Roll out a small amount, enough for adding sesame, peanut or red bean paste.
(Pink coloring can also be added. They usually do not contain filling. )
Using the palm of your hands, roll it into a ball. Drop it into boiling water and remove the tang yuan when it floats up to the surface.
For the syrup water, boil ginger, pandan leaves and rock sugar for several minutes.
For the filling ingredients, i used the instant sesame paste. The sesame paste can also be used as the soup base instead of the ginger water.

No comments:

Disclaimer: All the recipes posted are for my personal references and/or adapted from mentioned instructors or books. They/I reserve the rights to it. Please remember to cite your sources! Thank you.